Monday, June 29, 2009

Chelsea Star Frank Lampard Eager For Season To Start

EPL: Frank Lampard, Newcastle United - Chelsea (PA)
Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has revealed that he cannot wait for the start of the new season, and is looking forward to working with new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

The former West Ham United player has stated that he is delighted to be working with his fourth Italian in the game, having in the past enjoyed time with Gianfranco Zola and Claudio Ranieri at Chelsea, and currently with Fabio Capello for England.

The England international has thanked the four Italians who have helped to shape his career, and believes that without them, he would not be the same player.

Ranieri signed Lampard from the Hammers for £11 million in 2001, and Lampard feels the move did him the world of good.

Speaking to Daily Star Sunday, Lampard said, "Claudio Ranieri was the big influence on my life when I was younger. He gave me the opportunity at Chelsea and I will never ever forget that.

"He brought a lot of players into the team and he's part of the history of the club.

"I love the man and I don't think I would be here today if it hadn't been for him.

"Gianfranco made a big impression at Chelsea as a player.

"It's true to say that I have always been impressed by the Italian culture and particularly their work ethic."

The 31-year-old will enter his ninth season in a Blues shirt this year, as the club try and go for a domestic and European treble in Ancelotti's first season in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share