Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pato Should Not Leave AC Milan, Leonardo Will Be A Great Coach - Pele

Edson Arantes do Nascimento - Pele
Chelsea continue to be linked with a high-profile move for AC Milan starlet Alexandre Pato in the English and Italian media.

However, the striker's compatriot, former Brazilian legend and three-time World Cup winner Pele, has advised the striker to remain in Serie A, rather than move to the Premier League.

"Pato is a great player for the future, but if I were him I would never leave Italy for England," he claimed, according to Goal.com Italia.

"That atmosphere would be more difficult for a player with his technique."

The 68-year-old was also confident that Leonardo will succeed as the new boss of the Rossoneri, despite this being his first head coaching role.

"I know Leonardo very well. He is very serious and knows Italian football by heart. He will be a good coach."

Pele has become infamous down the years for his wrong predictions, so Milan fans will be hoping that he is right about both Pato staying, and Leonardo becoming a fine coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share