Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is certain John Terry will remain at the club this summer, despite persistent question marks surrounding the player's future.
Terry has been linked continuously with Manchester City over recent weeks, forcing officials at Stamford Bridge to insist that the defender is going nowhere.
The England international's silence on the matter has done the club no favours in knocking back City's advances, but Ancelotti still believes Terry will be a Chelsea player at the start of the season.
"I am sure he will remain at Chelsea. I am sure, 100 per cent." he said at a press conference in the United States ahead of Chelsea's meeting with the Seattle Sounders.
"He has a contract for three years more."
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Petr Cech outlined Terry's commitment to the club, explaining that he can see the stopper is very much committed to the cause.
He said, "He's the same captain he was three months ago, five months ago, one year ago, five years ago, so I don't see any difference.
"I don't have to ask him [about his future] because I can see with my eyes that he is committed."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment