Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Franco di Santo Delighted With Chelsea Pre-Season

Chelsea striker Franco di Santo was over the moon after his goal helped the Blues topple Club America in the World Football Challenge.

"I feel happy because it is my first goal in the pre-season, and I am happy because I needed to score to improve myself," the 20-year-old told the club’s official website.

"This was good for me, because I have a lot of competition with the other strikers - but I have scored today and I am happy. It is important but the more important here is that Chelsea win and it is the first trophy from pre-season."

The Argentine U-20 international performed admirably with a strong run that ended in Florent Malouda scoring the second goal for the Pensioners.

"Making goals is as important as scoring because the most important is that the team wins," he added.

Chelsea won the World Football Challenge after emerging victorious in every game in the pre-season competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share