Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fabio Capello Is Happy With My Decision To Stay At Chelsea - John Terry

John Terry has come out saying that his decision to stay at Chelsea was made due to the lure of Champions League football. He believes that England boss Fabio Capello will be happy to see him play at the highest level before the World Cup.

"To be in the Champions League is massive," Terry has been quoted in The Mirror as saying. "You never know what Mr. Capello's response would have been had I not been playing Champions League football.

"I'm delighted and I'm sure he's happy. We're looking really good with England - it could be a good year for us.

"I'm just hoping the season starts really well with the national team, and that no one picks up any injuries with England this season, particularly in the late part of the season. It could be really good."

Never a man to shy away from showering praise on his boss, the captain spoke of the influence Carlo Ancelotti has had on the team, saying, “Carlo has been fantastic.

“I know it is only early days but he has been really good - he knows the modern game very well.”

Chelsea recently triumphed in the World Football Challenge after winning all their games in the USA-based pre-season competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share